Quite often, I get asked what kind of set up I have and what programs I use on a daily basis. About a year ago, I wrote a post, but below is an updated list… this time I'll stick to development related programs.
Also, below you'll find some info my current hardware setup as well.
- Coda 2 – came out in 2012 and I've been very pleased with it.
- Sublime Text 2 – even though Coda has been updated… I still turn to ST2 when I need nothing but pure speed.
- MAMP Pro – running sites locally.
- Terminal – I used to use iTerm… but switched back since I feel this does a good enough job on it's own. Also, I use Coda 2's terminal as well.
- ColorSnapper – grabs colors
- ForkLift – switched from Filezilla to ForkLift. Haven't looked back….
- Chrome – even though it's a browser… it's one of the best tools a developer can have in his toolbox
- Fireworks CS3
- Photoshop CS6
- 2009 iMac – 16gb Ram, 500gb Hard Drive – 2 monitors connected to it.
- 2012 Macbook Pro 15″ Retina – 8gb Ram, 256gb Hard Drive
- iPhone 5 – 16gb
- Google Nexus 7 16gb (my only non apple device – everyone should have at least one!)